Auckland was founded in 1840 as the capital of New Zealand, then a british settlement. In 1865, the capital was transferred to
The town, holding several extinct volcanoes within the city limits, is a maritime and military harbor, a fishing centre and a commercial and industrial place.
The city also houses the University (1882) and the Technical Institute of Auckland (1964) and groups 960.000 inhabitants.
The Pamir put there in 1938 under finnish flag and then in 1948, after hand back to Finland.
Entering the harbor
02/02/1938 © (4) 1/2 C23201
The Pamir from the Daldy
23/01/1938 © NZ Maritime Museum
23/01/1938 © J. Churchouse
Entering the Calliope dock
Fevrier 1938 © J. Churchouse
The voyages of the Pamir
The harbors of the Pamir